6/21/2012 10:13 AM (PST)
Hello Jean, My name is Susan and I manage our social media efforts at Smart Living Company. I stumbled across your post and wanted to provide you with the information you're looking for. We can certainly understand your concerns, so here's a letter from our CEO explaining some of the recent changes and improvements that we've made to our business and our new vision moving forward. I hope this information is helpful. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to send me a message or you can call our Customer Support team at 1-800-448-0383. Best Regards, Susan Smart --
Dear Jean, We are excited to announce that Specialty Merchandise Corporation has changed its name to Smart Living Company. Smart Living Company has a proven track record going back more than 60 years, and in that time we’ve helped members launch more than 2.5 million home-based businesses. We’re thrilled to have an opportunity to help you build a home-based business you can be proud of and enjoy. New Leadership It starts at the top. Smart Living Company has built a new executive management team with a new vision of how to help you build your business. Our new CEO, explains the changes, “When I walk through our hallways, I see our team of nearly 200 employees working toward a single goal of helping our members build their own business! Every time I hear from another member who has started their new business it means we’re all doing our job here at Smart Living Company.” What Else has Changed? Our new name is part of a larger effort to help you succeed and enjoy starting your own business. Smart Living Company has made many new changes already, including:
• Introducing you to the top executives running Smart Living Company so you can trust us.
• Sourcing higher quality merchandise that is exclusive to our members so you can sell. something you like from the thousands of our products we offer.
• Producing online “Product Spotlight videos” as well as PDF product catalogs allowing members to promote on YouTube, Facebook and e-mail.
• Launched a new website with easier navigation using merchandise categories.
• Extended our cancellation policy from 30 days to 90 days so new members have more time to succeed. In addition, later this year we will do even more to help you succeed, including:
• Launch a member rewards program that earns you account credits and other rewards.
• Produce more training videos showing members step-by-step how to do your own home party or how to sell at street markets and other methods.
• Launch our Facebook member ambassador program so you can follow and learn from our top members on their Smart Living Company Facebook page.
• Lower our minimum shipping costs so you can make more money on small orders.
• Move to daily shipping through UPS, meaning your orders arrive faster, at no additional cost to you.
Better Merchandise We’re only as good as our products. We realize that one key to your success is Smart Living Company’s ability to