Approved by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage for a modified payment of $2119.72, reduced from $3010.86. Total monthly savings: $891.14
Posted on 10/19/2012
THIS COMPANY IS A RIP-OFF, DON'T GET INVOLVED, YOU WILL BE SORRY
1ST Call Consultants called me at home and said I was eligible for a home loan modification. I told them I did not think we were eligible because we have never been late making our mortgage payment, in fact I pay $500/month more than our required mortgage payment. They pressure you and tell you they are experts and will work with your lender to get your loan modified. After three high pressure phone calls we agreed to let them try and modify our existing mortgage to a fixed rate because we now have an adjustable rate and just retired so we are on a fixed income. I was told if they couldn't help us there was no fee. They withdrew the money from my checking account, said that was the only way, could not use a credit card. I should have know something was wrong when the fee went from $1,400 to $995 if we paid today. All you get from them for the money is 17 documents which most are pdf forms you can not fill out and don't apply to you unless you delinquent and behind in your mortgage which we told them we weren't. I waded through all forms and filled them out best I could on my own, then sent them registered to 1st Call so they could negotiate with my lender on my behalf. Well they trashed the forms and told me it was up to me to contact my lender, that BOA would not talk to them about my mortgage, which is NOT what they said when they took my money. I worked with BOA for six months supplying information and more forms only to be told in the end I was not eligible for a loan modification because I was not behind, delinquent or at risk of loosing my home, which is exactly what I told 1st Call when they called soliciting us for a home modification loan. I am filing a dispute with my bank to get a refund because 1st Call did nothing they said they would do and lied to me and I have the emails to prove it.
Posted on 8/31/2012
Business responded on 10/19/2012
Mrs Cole you are eligible for a modification its unfortunate Bank of America hasn't approved your request yet. As I told you on the phone you need to speak to a supervisor since the underwriter assigned to you case isn't handling the case properly.
We don't pressure anybody. As was explained to you option 1 is a one time fee of $995 option 2 is 3 payments of $495 we didn't drop the fee if you paid today you simply elected to choose the less expensive option.
What we do is :
1) Underwrite the file – interview homeowner, show options
2) Send the loan modification request package which consists of:
• Loan Modification Request Cover Letter
• Blank Client Pre-Qualification
• Instructional E-book – on how to deal with your lender
• HAMP and Traditional Loan Mod Package
• 4506-T Form
• Real Estate Cash Flow Worksheet
• Profit and Loss Worksheet for self-employed homeowners
• Dodd-Frank Form
• RMA (Request for Modification Affidavit) Form
• ALL lender-specific forms, from AHMI to Wilshire and ALL lender contact information updated regularly
• Demand letter & QWR ( Qualified Written Request)
• 4 hours of consultation time with our specialists, available at Clients request, to provide information relative to the process and options for document preparation.
3) Go over the package with you to make any corrections, additions, deletions or modifications before you submit to the lender to make sure its 100% accurate and complete. If the home-owner is not able to prepare their modification package, including how to properly calculate income and expenses, provide loan modification underwriting.
4) Advise & Coach you throughout the whole process to assist answering any questions that may arise throughout the process either verbally or written.
The eligibility requirement Joyce is referring to reads:You have a financial hardship and are either delinquent or in danger of falling behind on your mortgage payments (non-owner occupants must be delinquent in order to qualify).
We didn't trash the forms we reviewed them for you like we said we would and made all the necessary changes. Once the forms are submitted the bank contacts you via mail like they did. We can only speak to your lender if you authorize us to do so.
We approached 1st Call Consultants after trying to deal with Bank of America on our own with no results. They helped us get our loan modified down to a 2% interest rate our stress level is reduced knowing we can afford the payment now.
Posted on 9/10/2011
This a very good company i worked with and got my modification done and even trustworthy company.
Jose M. miami , fl
Posted on 5/22/2010
We are very satisfied with the results we got using 1st Call Consultants. They exceeded our expectations in every way from beginning to end. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to reduce a mortgage payment or save a home from foreclosure.
Posted on 2/17/2010